CYPRUS CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
In March 2014, Cyprus changed the legislation that enables foreign investors to become a Cypriot (EU) citizen and obtain a Cypriot passport through naturalization, making it more accessible and affordable than ever. An EU citizen is any person who holds the nationality of an EU country. EU passport holders are entitled to enter, reside, study and work in the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Norway.
Non-Cypriot Investors can acquire Cyprus Citizenship by naturalization by exception on the basis of the Civil registry Laws 2002-2013.
Benefits of the program
- Obtain European citizenship and passport in just 90 day ( the faster in Europe)
- No need to reside in Cyprus at any point in time in order to obtain or keep the citizenship.
- Passports issued to the investor, their spouse and dependent children up to age 28, provided they are in full-time education.
- No tax consequences unless you opt to become tax resident in Cyprus.
- The program is greater towards high net worth individuals with a required investment in real estate in Cyprus of 2.5 million +vat if applicable (the investment can be in a single property or portfolio). The property investment has to be kept for 3 year and once it is sold a property worth 500.000 has to indefinite.
- Citizenship is passed on by descent thus offering a legacy to future generations.
- No physical residency requirement.
- Cyprus allows dual citizenship
- All nationalities eligible
- Pure investment no donation required
- No language requirement, medical test or interview.
- EU citizens also enjoy these rights in Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway which participate in European Economic Area (EEA) and have some rights in Switzerland as well.
- European Citizens have the right to attend schools/universities within any EU country for free or with reduced tuition rates, as applicable
- European citizens have the right to protection by the diplomatic or consular Authorities of any EU country in a third country (country outside the EU) where your
home EU country is not represented by a consulate
- European citizens can access the established first-class EU health care systems
Benefits of Cyprus EU citizenship
- Citizens of EU countries are well accepted and welcomed internationally.
- Visa-free travel to 158 countries.
- Free trade within EU business access to 500 million EU citizens.
- Cyprus has no inheritance tax has a highly favorable corporate tax structure and a comprehensive double tax treaty network.
- Access to well establish EU healthcare system.
- Wide choice of investment options.
- Unrestricted right to work, travel, live and study anywhere in European Union.
- Establishment and free movement of services and good
- Cyprus offers a great place to visit or live, it enjoys a strategic geographical position, offers excellent worldwide connections, has excellent infrastructure, a pleasant climate and is highly stable.
Possible investment schemes available in Cyprus
- Individual scheme – investment of 5 million invested
- Collective scheme 2.5 million invested
- a collective citizenship application requires the simultaneous deposition of at least 5 application, the investors and investments are totally independent.
- Cyprus citizenship may be obtained through a secure property investment.
- The main investment may be sold after three years; however, the investor must always maintain/purchase a property with a value of at least €500,000.
- Property purchased up to 3 years prior to the introduction of the legislation will count towards the required investment
- Applicants must hold a clean criminal record from the country of origin and their name must not be on the list of persons whose property is ordered to be frozen within the EU.
The Cyprus citizenship program offers the most simple and efficient means of obtaining EU citizenship, it is the only direct EU citizenship program as it has absolutely no residency requirement and passports are issued in just 90 day. Investors and their families can obtain full EU right, including the ability to live and work in any EU country practically immediately.